Brand Name : Yisense
Model Number : Welding rods gradeWelding Electrode Grade
Certification : ISO9001,ISO14001, ISO22000
Place of Origin : Qingdao, China
MOQ : 1ton
Price : Negotiate
Payment Terms : L/C, T/T
Supply Ability : 2000tons
Delivery Time : 20days
Packaging Details : 25kg/bag with paper plastic compound woven bag
|Raw Material:||Sodium Alginate||CAS NO.:||9005-38-3|
|Molecular Formula:||(C6H7O6Na)n||Form:||Light Yellow Powder Or Granular|
Sodium alginate,also called as Algin, is a kind of white or light yellow granular or powder, almost odorless and tasteless. It is a macromolecular compound with high viscosity, and a typical hydrophilic colloids. Because of its properties of stability, thickening and emulsifying, hydratability and gelling property, it is widely used in food industry , pharmaceutical industry , electric welding rod, printing and dyeing, etc.
Description and Applications :
1. Used for welding electrode : Electrode material with sodium alginate mixing, can be bonded by negative coating and wet coating material, resulting in the extrusion process with sufficient plasticity, but also in the use of welding process is easy to burn to ashes, reducing spatter.
2. Coatings are applied to welding rods or electrodes to act as a flux and to control the conditions in the immediate vicinity of the weld, such as temperature or oxygen and hydrogen availability. The dry ingredients of the coating are mixed with sodium silicate (water glass) which gives some of the plasticity necessary for extrusion of the coating onto the rod and which also acts as the binder for the dried coating on the rod. However the wet silicate has no binding action and does not provide sufficient lubrication to allow effective and smooth extrusion. An additional lubricant is needed, and a binder which will hold the damp mass together before extrusion and maintain the shape of the coating on the rod during drying and baking. Alginates are used to meet these requirements.
3. The quantities of alginates used The quantities of alginates used are very dependent on the type of welding rod being coated and the extrusion equipment being used. For soluble alginates it may be 0.4-1.2% or low-hydrogen welding rods and 0.15-0.25% for acid and organigc types. For the thixotropic alginates, manufacturers often find it more effective to use a mixture of calcium alginate and sodium alginate with a total alginate content of 0.4-0.6% for low hydrogen electrodes.
Standard: SC/T 3401-2006
|Sodium Alginate Specification(Welding grade)|
|Appearance||Creamy white to light yellow free-flowing powder|
|Particle Size||100% pass 200mesh|
|Moisture content: Loss of mass at 110°C||8-12%|
Competitive Advantage :
1. High quality reaching international advanced level;
2. Rich experience in counterpart field;
3. Complete and sound technical service
Welding Rods Sodium Alginate Thickener , Industrial Grade Sodium Alginate Wet Coating CAS 9005 38 3 Images